November 06, 2011

Ba Kut Teh @ Restaurant Chow Kiat, Klang

I have always loved going to Klang. Because it brought many found memories about my road trips down to Klang for work. I used to travel down to different parts of Klang about 20 days in a month for my job. I used to dislike coming here as I felt the place was quite hectic and everytime my parents brought me there for an early meal of ba kut teh, I would drag myself half awake complaining about how far the place was. And I would always go home with a stomach ache as the ba kut teh was too oily for my stomach's liking.

Fast forward to the future, every time I come down here I would find an opportunity to eat ba kut teh with my friends if they happened to be around the area. Best of all, my stomach was no longer sensitive towards the oily ba kut teh.

Yesterday, I popped over to Restaurant Chow Kiat in Klang for another round of ba kut teh. It was served in a bowl instead of the claypot style. More authentic styles of ba kut teh in Klang does not come in claypot.



The pork was not very tender, and had a slight rubbery feel to it when chewed. Soup is oily and sticky. True Klang style. The soup is re-fillable but sometimes, they are quite stingy. They will either ignore your request and show a frowning face, or they will scope only half a bowl of soup for you. Many places in Klang practices this. I guess the logic is not to let you savour too much of the soup so that you won't have too much of it and will be back for more soon.


The bill came up to RM 12.00 for a bowl of ba kut teh for one person. It is really pricey and on the high side.

Address:
Restaurant Chow Kiat
Jalan Kapar Klang- Opposite Lembaga Tabung Haji.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Visitors

Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Followers

Search This Blog

Definition List

Ordered List

Theme Download

Sample Text

Pages

Copyright © PJ Babe | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes - Published By Gooyaabi Templates | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com